Professional theatre for young audiences!
We bring the show to you! A fully realized, portable, professional theatre production
- can be performed in any space
- eliminate bus costs, travel time and logistical concerns
- maximizes the effectiveness of arts in education dollars
- provides schools with unlimited attendance
- includes a post-show talkback with the actors
Scholarship money is available. Please check with your BOCES for funding opportunities.
The Remarkable and Perplexing Case of Henry Hudson
By Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill and Maureen Aumand
Hero or scoundrel? Victim or villain? The English navigator Henry Hudson remains an enigmatic figure whose persistence and determination carried him up the Hudson River onto the pages of history. This season, the Halve Maen and its captain will sail into schools engaging students in a work woven together from the documents of history.
THE NEW 2014-2015 SEASON OF ON-THE-GO! SCHOOL TOUR PROGRAMS
Pure Poe: Three Stories from America’s Master Storyteller
Adapted by Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
A production of lost loves, mad murders and a prosperous prince attempting to defy death and doom, Edgar Allen Poe’s characters come to life. The ghost of Poe returns to recite his famous poem, The Raven, and much loved stories The Tell-Tale Heart and Masque of the Red Death.
They Built America: The Workers of the Erie Canal
By Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
Sourced from more than 35 historical records! Meet the real men, women and children, the politicians, farmers, merchants and laborers who came north to build the Erie Canal! This miraculous waterway transformed America from a burgeoning country into a great nation, and it comes with a miraculous story. Igniting this momentous event in New York State history, as characters from history come to life, including George Washington, Irish orphan Molly, physician Dr. Finch, Italian mason Antonio– and many more!
They Built America: The Workers of the Erie Canal is made possible by a historic research grant from Diana S. and John G. Waite Fund for Historic Preservation of the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region.
Your Stage, Your Schedule
On-The-Go! Booking Information
- ON-THE-GO! COST: $1000 per performance with unlimited student attendance possible. Financial aid available, also contact local BOCES for funding opportunities.
- RESERVATIONS: To schedule a presentation, contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager, at 518•382•3884 x 168
- PAYMENT: A school purchase order or BOCES paperwork is required within one month of making any reservation. Final payment is due for all events by one month prior to performance date.
- RUNNING TIME: 45 minutes with a 15 minute talk-back with the actors
For reservations, workshops, backstage tours and other special requests, please contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager at 518•382•3884 X168 firstname.lastname@example.org