Professional theatre for young audiences!
We bring the show to you! A fully realized, portable, professional theatre production
- can be performed in any space
- eliminate bus costs, travel time and logistical concerns
- maximizes the effectiveness of arts in education dollars
- provides schools with unlimited attendance
- includes a post-show talkback with the actors
"The production of An Iliad at Lenox was a resounding success. The reaction from my students as well as the faculty was extremely positive and enthusiastic. The production really opened up The Iliad for my students, made it more accessible and made them appreciate it more." - Jamie Keller, Latin Teacher, Lenox Memorial Middle and High School, 2013
Scholarship money is available. Please check with your BOCES for funding opportunities.
THE NEW 2014-2015 SEASON OF ON-THE-GO! SCHOOL TOUR PROGRAMS
Pure Poe: Three Stories from America’s Master Storyteller
Adapted by Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
A production of lost loves, mad murders and a prosperous prince attempting to defy death and doom, Edgar Allan Poe’s characters come to life. The ghost of Poe returns to recite his famous poem, The Raven, and much loved stories The Tell-Tale Heart and Masque of the Red Death.
They Built America: The Workers of the Erie Canal
By Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
Sourced from more than 35 historical records! Meet the real men, women and children, the politicians, farmers, merchants and laborers who came north to build the Erie Canal! This miraculous waterway transformed America from a burgeoning country into a great nation, and it comes with a miraculous story. As stories with characters including George Washington, Irish orphan Molly, physician Dr. Finch, Italian mason Antonio, and others ignite this momentous event in New York State history, we see how one innovation can set the course of history.
They Built America: The Workers of the Erie Canal is made possible by a historic research grant from Diana S. and John G. Waite Fund for Historic Preservation of the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region.
Your Stage, Your Schedule
On-The-Go! Booking Information
- ON-THE-GO! COST: $1000 per performance with unlimited student attendance possible. Financial aid available, also contact local BOCES for funding opportunities.
- RESERVATIONS: To schedule a presentation, contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager, at 518•382•3884 x 168
- PAYMENT: A school purchase order or BOCES paperwork is required within one month of making any reservation. Final payment is due for all events by one month prior to performance date.
- RUNNING TIME: 45 minutes with a 15 minute talk-back with the actors
For reservations, workshops, backstage tours and other special requests, please contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager at 518•382•3884 X168 email@example.com
In the event of school cancellation, a notification to the Education Program Manager at theREP is required as early as possible (prior to 7am) in order for us to notify the actors who may be traveling. We will make every effort to reschedule your performance within the tour schedule. theREP also reserves the right to cancel a performance in the event of severe weather and dangerous travel conditions. The decision to cancel will be made as early as possible and will be communicated to the schools by the Education Program Manager.