Professional theatre for young audiences!
We bring the show to you! A fully realized, portable, professional theatre production
- can be performed in any space
- eliminate bus costs, travel time and logistical concerns
- maximizes the effectiveness of arts in education dollars
- provides schools with unlimited attendance
- includes a post-show talkback with the actors
Scholarship money is available. Please check with your BOCES for funding opportunities.
THE NEW 2015-2016 SEASON OF ON-THE-GO! SCHOOL TOUR PROGRAMS
A Midsummer Night's Dream
By William Shakespeare
One of Shakespeare’s most popular and oft-performed plays, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a lighthearted romantic comedy that blurs the line between fantasy and reality. In an Athenian forest, forbidden lovers, quarrelling fairies and a group of slow-witted laborers all become the foils of the mischievous Puck and his magical love potion. Before the night’s over, a laborer is given the head of a donkey, the fairy queen falls in love with him, and the humans’ love triangle becomes a giant knot. But by morning, everyone is blessed with a happy ending, and the lovers marry. Huzzah! 45 minutes with a 15 minute talk-back. Appropriate for grades 6 and up.
Your Stage, Your Schedule
On-The-Go! Booking Information
- ON-THE-GO! COST: Each production varies with unlimited student attendance possible. Financial aid available, also contact local BOCES for funding opportunities.
- RESERVATIONS: To schedule a presentation, contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager, at 518•382•3884 x 168
- PAYMENT: A school purchase order or BOCES paperwork is required within one month of making any reservation. Final payment is due for all events by one month prior to performance date.
- RUNNING TIME: 45 minutes with a 15 minute talk-back with the actors
For reservations, workshops, backstage tours and other special requests, please contact Katherine Stephens, Education Program Manager at 518•382•3884 X168 email@example.com
In the event of school cancellation, a notification to the Education Program Manager at theREP is required as early as possible (prior to 7am) in order for us to notify the actors who may be traveling. We will make every effort to reschedule your performance within the tour schedule. theREP also reserves the right to cancel a performance in the event of severe weather and dangerous travel conditions. The decision to cancel will be made as early as possible and will be communicated to the schools by the Education Program Manager.