Each season theREP offers full quality productions during the school day complete with a post-show question and answer session with cast members.
• PRICE: $12 per student. (Book 45 days before the performance of your choice and save $2 a ticket!)
• LOCATION: All plays take place in Albany at theREP. 111 North Pearl Street
• PERFORMANCE LENGTH: Running times vary, but all matinees will be finished by 1:00 pm to allow adequate time for bus departure.
• RESERVATIONS: To place an order for a Student Matinee please call Group Sales at Proctors at 518•382•3884 x139.
• SCHOLARSHIPS: If individual students or schools are in need of scholarship support to make attendance at a theREP performance possible, we will try to work together with the school to help facilitate attendance (schools must have 50% or more participation in reduced or free lunch programs). Please contact the Education Program Manager, for a Request for Assistance Form at 518•382•3884 x168.
• CHAPERONES: For every 15 students, one complimentary adult ticket is provided.
Each season theREP offers full, quality productions during the school day complete with a post-show question and answer session with cast members.
SHE LOVES ME
Book by Joe Masteroff
Music by Jerry Bock Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
November 30, December 8, 14, 2017 10:30am
Fall in love this holiday season alongside Amalia and George, the feuding store clerks, who find solace in their secret lonely-hearts pen pals. Little do they know, they are actually writing to each other! A tangle of mistaken identity and hilarious encounters finally bring these soulmates together with a tuneful and witty score celebrated with numerous Tony, Olivier and Drama Desk Awards. This confection of a musical is based on the timeless story by Miklos Laszlo that also served as inspiration for the classic film The Shop Around the Corner and more recently You've Got Mail.
Recommended for grades 5 and up
Curriculum: ELA, Music
By Steven Peterson
February 9 10:30am
A gripping and sophisticated drama that looks behind the headlines at anti-Semitism in today’s France. When Deborah, the wife of a successful American executive based in Paris, becomes an activist defending a young Jewish Frenchwoman, Charles gets caught in the corporate hot seat. Company policy demands him to withdraw from the political limelight or lose his career, but if he won’t get involved, he may lose his marriage. With everything on the line, this winner of theREP’s Next Act Play Summit brings today’s issues right into our living rooms.
Recommended for grades 9 and up
Curriculum: ELA, World Events, Current Affairs
Classics on Stage
By Noel Coward
April 12, 26 10:30am
One highly spirited wife is fun – but two is fertile ground for this smash comedy hit of the London and Broadway stages from the witty pen of Noel Coward. Meet cantankerous novelist Charles Condomine, re-married to Ruth but haunted (literally) by the ghost of his late first wife, the clever and insistent Elvira who has been conjured up by a visiting "happy medium,” one Madame Arcati. What’s a husband to do with such an abundance of riches. . or troubles? Join the fun to discover how Charles gets the genie – or at least Elvira -- back into the bottle!
Grades 7 and up
Curriculum: ELA, European Culture