Each season theREP offers full quality productions during the school day complete with a post-show question and answer session with cast members.
• PRICE: $12 per student. (Book 45 days before the performance of your choice and save $2 a ticket!)
• LOCATION: All plays take place in Albany at theREP. 111 North Pearl Street
• PERFORMANCE LENGTH: Running times vary, but all matinees will be finished by 1:00 pm to allow adequate time for bus departure.
• RESERVATIONS: To place an order for a Student Matinee please call Group Sales at Proctors at 518•382•3884 x139.
• SCHOLARSHIPS: If individual students or schools are in need of scholarship support to make attendance at a theREP performance possible, we will try to work together with the school to help facilitate attendance (schools must have 50% or more participation in reduced or free lunch programs). Please contact the Education Program Manager, for a Request for Assistance Form at 518•382•3884 x168.
• CHAPERONES: For every 15 students, one complimentary adult ticket is provided.
Written by John Patrick Shanley
October 13 10:30am
This charmer of a play by John Patrick Shanley, the Pulitzer Prize winning author of Doubt, whisks you away on a delightful journey to the farmlands of Ireland. Outside Mullingar is the story of an unlikely romance between two rural, middle-aged neighbors, Anthony, an introverted farmer and Rosemary, the woman who vows to have him… at all costs! Poetic, uplifting, dark and funny, Shanley lovingly spins a tale infused with a deep yearning for heart, homeland, faith and a sense of belonging.
"Wholly diverting... Mr. Shanley's finest work since Doubt... a softhearted comedy freckled with dark reflections on the nature of life and the thorns of love." New York Times
Recommended for grades 9 and up
Curriculum: ELA, Current Affairs
Book and Lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner/Music by Frederick Loewe
Based on “The Once and Future King,” by T.H. White
December 1, 9, 13 10:30am
Experience the magic and “shining moment” that is Camelot, one of America’s most beloved musicals, created for you in a fresh new staging only possible at theREP! The four-time Tony Award winning musical, with one of the richest scores of the Broadway songbook, tells the story of the legendary King Arthur, who rules his kingdom with new ideals, bringing peace to a troubled land. This lusty, romantic tale is sure to inspire audiences with a celebrated score that includes the classics “If Ever I Would Leave You,” “The Simple Joys of Maidenhood,” “How to Handle a Woman” and the title song, “Camelot.”
Recommended for grades 4 and up
Curriculum: History, ELA, Music
Classics on Stage
Adapted by Lisa Peterson and Denis O’Hare
Based on Homer’s “Iliad,” translated by Robert Fagles
March 8, 9, 16, 31 10:30am
Appropriate for ages 12+. Some adult language; haze and fog are used during the production.
Thrilling storytelling explodes across the stage in this sprawling yarn based on Homer’s epic poem. This Obie-Award winning adaptation spins the familiar tale of gods and goddesses, undying love and battles of The Trojan War told through an original and immediate narrator - whose knowledge cuts across time - to bring the past and present together for a captivating theatrical experience. Accompanied by cellist Kathleen Bowman, acclaimed actor, Timothy Deenihan (Venus in Fur, The Seafarer) returns to theREP to embody this tale that is sure to deliver an unforgettable evening of theatre!
“Spellbinding” New York Times
“Explosive, all together breathtaking!” Chicago Sun-Times
Recommended for grades 8 and up
Curriculum: ELA, Latin, Social Studies, Politics
Price: $12 a student (Book 45 days before the performance of your choice and save $2 a ticket!)
Location: theREP 111 N. Pearl St. Albany, NY 12207
Performance Length: Running times vary but all matinees will be finished by 1pm to allow adequate time for bus departure.
Reservations: To place an order for Student Matinees please call Group Sales at Tickets by Proctors at 518.382.3884 x139.
Scholarships: Visit www.capitalrep.org for information and applications.
Chaperones: For every 15 students, one complimentary adult ticket is provided.
• Call 518.382.3884 x 139 or fill out the ONLINE ORDER FORM for reservations. Certain shows may be open to the general public on a space-available basis; for individual tickets, call 518.346.6204.
• Advance registrations are required for all orders. Reservations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
• The minimum size for a group order is 10 people. Orders under 10 can be placed by calling our Box Office 518.346.6204.
• Final counts are required no later than 30 days prior to the event.
• Payment is accepted by check, cash or major credit card and is due no later than 30 days in advance of each show. Reservations not paid by the 30-day deadline will be cancelled.
• Please notify theREP when placing an order if using BOCES funding.
• Invoices are e-mailed to you promptly after you place an order for immediate confirmation. If you have not received this confirmation, your reservation is not guaranteed.
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
• No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30-day deadline.
• Please be aware that we cannot guarantee seating for additional students if the show is sold out, although we will make every effort to accommodate when space permits.
• Every attendee must reserve a seat. Remember to reserve seating for all teachers and chaperones as well as students.
• If your school is canceled due to weather, we will make every effort to put you in an alternate School Day performance, if available, or provide a credit to be used within the current season only. Phone calls must be received prior to performance. If your school is not closed and you choose not to attend a performance, we cannot make alternate accommodations.
• theREP accommodates mobility, hearing and visually challenged patrons to the best of our ability.
Please advise theREP of special needs when the order is placed so we can make arrangements prior to your arrival.